5.19.2011

pack a picnic


Royal and I have a goal this year to go on a picnic every week. We have gone twice now, and it has been so much fun. It's a great way for us to go through our fridge and use up all our food and become creative. I have used mason jars for our containers, so I was excited to see a post about a meal in a jar!

Another use for mason jars is iced tea. Every morning I make a batch for the day. My favorite is trader joes mango black tea, or mixing mint tea with black tea. I found a perfect way to do it and it's quick and easy: 
Boil water and pour two cups over 4 tea bags of your tea of choice.
Let steep for 4 minutes, and take out tea bags.
Add 2 tablespoons of honey to hot tea.
Once honey is dissolved, add 2 more cups of cold water.
Put in a large mason jar and chill.

No comments: